Behind every loan and every partnership, there's a story. Here are just a few of the people you'll meet in the report:
- Stephanie Terry, a chef in Durham, North Carolina who has spent years building a creative catering business.
- Elia and Laura Rodriguez, sisters in the Chicago area who operate a business to help immigrants with taxes, insurance and more.
- Hilda Soto, who was able to refinance out of a bad loan and keep the home where she and her three children live.
- Sister Ann Kendrick, one of the renowned "Apopka Nuns" who founded our credit union in Apopka, Florida.
- Steven Ceccarelli, who is growing a green business and bringing new jobs to a rural North Carolina area.
The report includes stories of faith and persistence, and also a lot of celebration.
For example, in 2018 we marked the tenth anniversary of Self-Help Federal Credit Union, based in California.
We expanded our service area by merging with two credit unions in South Carolina.
In Durham, NC we completed the new Angier Business & Children's Center, which is offering new jobs and services in an underserved neighborhood.
And in Apopka, FL we built a new branch to continue a legacy of affordable financial services to farmworkers and families in that area.
Post a Comment