American athletes to watch Headlining the 2019 Bank of America Chicago Marathon elite field will be a strong group of American runners. These talented athletes will join American superstars Galen Rupp and Jordan Hasay as they look to break the finish tape and set American records. The field includes five U.S. women with personal records faster than 2:30 and four men faster than 2:13. Learn more about the American athletes below and watch on October 13 to see a race bound for the history books.
- Marathon personal best: 2:06:07 - Hometown: Portland, OR - Training team: Nike Oregon Project
- Marathon personal best: 2:20:57 - Hometown: Arroyo Grande, CA - Training team: Nike Oregon Project - Instagram: @jordanhasay
- Marathon personal best: 2:07:47 - Hometown: Grand Rapids, MI - Training team: Hansons-Brooks Distance Project - Instagram: @djritzenhein
- Marathon personal best: 2:21:42 - Hometown: Leavenworth, KS - Training team: Bowerman Track Club - Instagram: @HastyHastings
- Marathon personal best: 2:12:38 - Hometown: Des Moines, IA - Training team: rabbitPRO - Instagram: @brogan.austin
- Marathon personal best: 2:28:19 - Hometown: Elk River, MN - Training team: Idaho Distance Project - Instagram: @emmajanelbates
- Marathon personal best: 2:12:50 - Hometown: Naperville, IL - Training team: Bowerman Track Club - Instagram: @cderrickrun
- Marathon personal best: 2:29:20 - Hometown: Phoenix, AZ - Training team: Northern Arizona Elite - Instagram: @stephrothstein
To see the full American field that will be toeing the line on Sunday, October 13, click here.
Join us for a shakeout run race weekend Every October, runners from more than 130 countries travel to Chicago to take on the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Join us the day before the race for a shakeout run and a celebration of the international running community at the Advocate Health Care International Chicago 5K!
*Runners must register by Friday, August 30, 2019, to receive a commemorative country flag bib.
We support "Sports for Climate Action Initiative" Incorporating sustainable practices is a critical part of the planning and production of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Earlier this year, we were proud to be one of the first road races to sign the United Nations "Sports for Climate Action Initiative." With the signing of this agreement, we are continuing our commitment to environmental stewardship, improving community engagement and social responsibility. To learn more about our sustainability efforts, please visit our Sustainability page.
Athletico tip of the month The dread of the alarm going off at 4 a.m. Checking the weather multiple times only to see the heat index is in the 90s. We've all been there. Click here for tips on how to continue to love running and keep your body and mind both strong and healthy, while still clocking those miles.
Athletico would like to offer free assessments for any aches or pains you may experience. Click here to request an assessment at any of their 450+ clinics or online.
Now accepting scholarship apps Celebrating 40 years of service -- A loan to an innovative company -- Affording your dream home -- Mergers and a new branch in Raleigh View this email in your browser Forward to a friend
Your Market News update for May 30, 2019 | View online Market News News that's moving the market now As Trade-War Worries Linger, Market Seems to Lack Buying Conviction May 30, 2019 8:40 AM | JJ Kinahan 6 min read | Daily Market Update